Yesterday, Marah was four weeks old. We celebrated by going to the pediatrician's office.
Marah weighs 4.48 kg (that's close to 10 pounds) and is about 23 inches long. The doctor's very happy with her progress - she's in the 75th percentile for her age group. At her next appointment, she gets her first vaccination. Before she gets that, though, she has to see the cardiologist again next week. I imagine all will be good there too.
Tomorrow she'll be a month old. She's already lifting her head quite well, and she's learned her first sound, besides screaming. It's a nice "aaahhh." It's much more pleasant that the little bird sound she's always making. She's developped an appreciation for her bouncy chair, but doesn't like the baby swing (despite loving it when Bill swings her car seat). She also likes to dance to the Tragically Hip, but only for about two-thirds of any given song.
On the cat front, Dylan has decided the best course of action is to ignore the baby, and to take advantage of nighttime, when she's in her basket, to practically sleep on Bill and I's heads. I feel bad every time I kick him out of some cozy spot when I have to get up. Poor cat - I will be able to pick you up again, after my incision heals.
As for the incision, it's coming along. I had that nice blow out, but, I've learned, I was pretty lucky. It's not infected, and the hole is small compared to most of the ones the nurses see at the clinic. It's also healing quite nicely and the drain is getting smaller each time I go in. It's also getting more painful to put the drain in. Ow. But it may come out on Friday, which means that I can cancel my dressing changes for the weekend - which means we can take Marah to Montreal to meet her uncle, aunt and cousin.
0 Responses to “Four weeks old”
Leave a Reply